Friday, November 30, 2012

Stories For Parents, Children And Grandchildren Volume 1 by Paulo Coelho

Don't judge this book by its title and assume that it is for children only! It is a wonderful collection of short stories and anecdotes from different cultures that entail certain wisdom and morals. It is a great book for both children and adults.

"Saadi of Shiraz and prayer


Saadi of Shiraz used to tell the following story:


'When I was a child, I used to pray with my father, my uncles and my


cousins. Every night we would gather together to listen to a passage



from the Koran.

On one such night, while my uncle was reading a passage out loud, I


noticed that most of the people were asleep. I said to my father: "Not one


of these dozy people is listening to the words of the Prophet. They'll never


reach God."


And my father replied: "My dear son, look for your own path with


faith and let others take care of themselves. Who knows, perhaps they


are talking to God in their dreams. Believe me, I would much prefer you


to be sleeping alongside them than to hear your harsh words of judgement


and condemnation.""



Paulo Coelho - Stories for Parents, Children and Grandchildren - Volume 1, p. 37.






No comments:

Post a Comment